Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Uncyclopedia

In many of the more relaxed civilizations on the western hemisphere of the planet earth, uncyclopedia has already supplanted wikipedia as the standard repository for all knowledge and wisdom, for though it has many omission and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least wildly inaccurate, it scores over the older, more pedestrian work in two important respects. First, it contains 1 zero wing reference every 3 words; and second, it has the wisdom of Oscar Wilde inscribed at the top of every article. ”

~ The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on Uncyclopedia “I got beaten to it, but I don't really mind... bloody good book...” ~ Oscar Wilde

“The history of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is now so complicated that every time I tell it I contradict myself, and whenever I do get it right I'm misquoted. So the publication of this omnibus edition seemed like a good opportunity to set the record straight--or at least firmly crooked.” ~ Douglas Adams

No comments: